1. He is a resource person
2. He has a capacity still to learn as a long-time teacher.
3. He is a unionist
4. Given the chance, he could flash out his often raw understanding of Somali politics and his known misperceptions and quick conclusions.
5. As a scholar, he could offer help in the formulation of Somaliland agenda in forthcoming talks between parties.
6. He could be a noticeable voice for unity.
7. He is for federalism
8. Finally, the professor has been fighting for a quarter of century to get noticed politically. He needs this job badly. He deserves a chance.
Vote prof Ismail Samater.